Wednesday 20 June 2007

London Mk2

It's been different visiting London the second time around.

I've seen all the big tourist attractions, and I haven't been that keen to go back and see them all again. I'm over museums and art galleries. So this trip has a very different feel to the last one.

Last time I'd head out in the morning and see London, all the sights and sounds, and it was great! This time, I'm not really sure what to do with myself. I've been on holiday so far. I haven't started my study for the CISA exam I'll be taking in December. I've just been doing whatever. I had planned to do some Krav Maga and some boxing while I was here, but that's not really worked out. I didn't like the teaching method or sylabus of the Krav Maga, and the boxing is really expensive. Also, with the boxing, I'm so unfit right now due to a few months of drinking, eating and not much else. I'm going to get fit while I'm here. I've gone on a few jogs, and I've joined a gym, which has also given me some things to do. I've also signed up for a rock climbing course, so I can do some indoor rock climbing while Ellie is at work.

Ellie and I have been going to a few pubs which has been good. We have a great local pub which has Fruli (strawberry cider which tastes like daiquiri) and a nice wine on tap for Ellie, and beer for me. Good pub, and they have good food too.

Things coming up: I'm off to Donnington on Friday to watch the MotoGP practice sessions ahead of Sunday's race. Just going up for the day. Then at the start of August I'm going to go to all three days of practice / qualifying / racing of the World Superbike round at Brands Hatch. That will be awesome!

I might also see some movies during the day. I'm keen to see Zodiac, and Ellie isn't, so I'll head down while she's at work.

I will have to start studying soon too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark dont put on too much weight your suit wont fit. Dad has not got any replies to his comments - have you seen them? What is MagVA?
Love Mum

Anonymous said...

OK Mum! The suit will be too tight around the shoulders and too loose around the waist by the time I get back! ; ) You better adjust the measurements.

I don't know which comments are Dad's if he doesn't sign his name. Tell him to put a few more comments in and I'll reply.

Email coming soon.
Love Mark.