Tuesday 5 June 2007

Basingstoke

Went down to Basingtoke for work today - here's a map of whereabouts it is compared to London. It was about 45 mins on the train, and reasonably uneventful - just a biggish town in the countryside. I don't think I'm too keen to spend 5 hrs on the train going down to Plymouth, it's kind of nice to sit there and watch the world go by, but there's not that much variance in what does go by, so I think it'd be heaps more fun to get a car and drive ourselves. Not to mention cheaper - it's about £70 each for a train ride return - that's over $330 for the two of us!!

Here's some more pics from the wkend - we went into a Wether- spoon's (chain of pubs - everything in London is a chain!) to get a pear cider, which I got hooked on last time over here. Mark tried some bodgy local beer - Seahawk ale or something or other - and it was so warm and watery he could barely finish it. And for Mark, that's gotta be pretty bad. hehe :) Anyway, here are our respective verdicts for our beverages.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You got a picky comment from some random "True Aussie"! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo jealous of you guys. Wanna trade places?!? I'm sitting here freezing my @$$ off and trying to get a report out the door.

I'd prefer to be in London drinking dodgy ale :)

Have fun and keep the blogs coming!!

Tanya

Ellie said...

Tks for the comment too Tanya, and for the tempting offer - but no thanks, we're happy to stay in our own places for now ;)

Wait till next winter when we're back in Sydney and you get posted to some fantastic pacific island or something and then we'll take you up on it... lol :)

Anonymous said...

And here I was thinking that if you could take down a VB and enjoy it that you could take down anything short of battery acid (including Pom beer).....Mark, disappointing mate :)