Thursday 7 June 2007

Fight Club

I'm reading Fight Club. I went to a cafe this afternoon - a restaurant actually - to sit down and read for a while. I got the impression when I ordered that they don't usually get people coming in and ordering just coffee.


I sat outside in the "sun". It was Illy coffee, and really pretty good. We've found a few places with good coffee here in London, with a few more to try yet. So I've got good coffee at a nice restaurant. But something is missing. There's just something not quite right about drinking coffee in London. It's like drinking beer in Italy. You have all the right ingredients, but it just doesn't feel right.

We've been out for Spanish the last two nights, and we had Spanish last week with some of Ellie's friends. None of it has been as good as we had in Spain, or Legends in Canberra. As Ellie mentioned, I had some local ale on the weekend. That was the first and last time I'll be doing that. We have had some good food here though - you can get some great pies and pasties.

Might head down to Bath on the weekend, or perhaps Plymouth. Really looking forward to seeing some of the English country-side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Illy coffee? Dont they sell wine in London? Long Weekend = long lunches!
See you

Anonymous said...

Hey Noel, the book wouldn't work. It would have to be like a tasting book. Kinda like a scratch and smell, but different.

Mum, click on the word Illy in the post.
xoxo