Friday 25 May 2007

Morning!

Friday morning. Cup of coffee. Nothing to do.

Brilliant!!

(I was going to say "What could be better?", but thent I thought if I was having this coffee in Oxford, after a quick fang up some nice B-roads, well, that would be better wouldn't it?!)

The immigration guy at the airport was a bit concerned about me. I showed him my itinerary:

Immigration Guy: Why are you here for so long?
Me: I'm on holiday.
Immigration Guy: Are you going to Europe?
Me: No.
Immigration Guy: What are you going to do for three months?!?
Me: Umm. See London.
Immigration Guy: Are you working? What are you going to do for money?
Me: Ah, my girl is supporting me.

Anyway, you get the picture. He made me realise that, from their point of view, it's probably a poor decision to let into the country. No job. Here for three months. My girlfriend is supporting me becuase I have no money. - I bet they love people like me! haha!

So! Today, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I'm still "bringing myself up to speed". Working out what I'm going to be spending my time on for three months. Difficult choices ahead!

Do I:
a. Take my CISA study materials down to a local library and learn about IT Governance, intrusion detection systems and IT general controls? or do I
b. Fall out of bed at 11am, stroll down to Soho and get a coffee and a bacon and egg roll, wander off to a pub in Marylebone (full of pratts no doubt) and stagger my way home at 2am?

Difficult choices indeed! Maybe I should ask the Immigration Guy.

No comments: