Wednesday 16 May 2007

London!

Well, I managed to get here somehow, despite coming down with a cold on the flight and spending the next few days passed out in my hotel room until I had a home. The hotel room was on the 3rd floor I might add, which was a pain in the bottom when there was no lift and I could barely get out of bed let alone climb 3 flights of steep London stairs.

But I got over it and am now living in the centre of seediness in London - Hackney! It's not really that bad, but I was a bit disturbed by a sign in the foyer posting discussion at a resident's meeting last year of all the prostitution, pimp and drug activities around the area (and right underneath my bedroom window! luckily I am on the 4th floor...). So after putting up with the yelling and screaming downstairs over the weekend, I'm now in the process of moving apartments, after the guys at my company were appalled at how it had turned out. So at least that's something, and with any luck I'll end up not too far away from Angel (that's the Angel Islington if you're playing monopoly).

I've settled in at work. It's not the most scintillating work I've ever done, but I was explicit that I didn't want to get involved in any of the political crap that goes on in this place, so I'm quite content, and they're paying me well for it too.

The only thing left is to get Mark over here quick smart. It's 7 sleeps to go now until he's here at 6am next Wed morning - woohoo! :)

No photos to post yet as I haven't taken any. Maybe I'll take some of my apartment just to commemorate the dodginess of it. And also my brilliant makeshift furniture which I made out of cardboard boxes and my suitcase... I'm actually really happy with it, it's a good addition to my otherwise bare apartment.

The only other thing to complain about is that it's pretty much rained non-stop since I got here, and they keep telling me that it was hot and sunny for 3 weeks up until I arrived. :P This is meant to be summer!! There, now I've completed my transformation back into a whinging Pom.

That's all for now, more soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cardboard boxes? Nicely done! And why do you always get colds at inappropriate times? I have nothing exciting to say, just posting a little comment so you know someone's looking at your hard work! Toodles!

Ellie said...

Yay - somebody posted on our blog!! Thanks dude :)

To answer your question, I get colds at innapropriate times because that is the nature of colds. I think there's something in that for all of us.