Thursday 24 May 2007

"Filth and Wisdom"

Today I saw Madonna... 's trailer. She's directing a short movie called "Filth and Wisdom", and they're shooting a couple of scenes around the corner from my building in this dodgy little chemist shop today and tomorrow, so all day there were crowds of people all around the place with lots of really big cameras. The equipment trailers were in the street outside my building, along with supposedly Madonna's trailer, where she was having lunch at one point with this crowd of people at the end of the street staring down at it. It was kind of funny. What a pain in the butt to be a celebrity and have to put up with that everywhere you go.

Anyway Elize at work and I had a look out the window every so often to see if Madonna was wandering around the street or anything, but funnily enough she wasn't. Evidently her movie-directing outfit is a bright green tracksuit the colour of those Woolies shopping bags, with a matching hat. Stylish stuff hey? The movie she's making is apparently based on her life experiences. I think I'm more likely to watch it to see the street I work in than I am for the movie itself. Who knows, maybe we'll get it out on dvd one day back in Sydney.

No comments: