Monday 21 May 2007

Hot water... aaahhhhh....

Everything's coming up roses now - not only do I have a great new apartment, but I have hot water too! After 3 days of being unwashed, the plumber eventually arrived this morning (an hr and a half late), fiddled with the boiler thingy in the kitchen, and miraculously made the hot water work. His advice to me was that the boiler was stuffed, so don't touch the switch again or I might break the dodgy connection and lose my hot water all over again. So I'm not going anywhere near it. And now I'm clean - aaahhh.

I still don't have pics to put up - after diligently bringing the camera to work so that I can upload the pics from it here where I have a power cord for my laptop so it doesn't cark (sp??) it half way through, I managed to forget the cord that connects the camera to the laptop. I was just so happy to have hot water that everything else paled into insignificance. :) I'll give it another go tonight though, and when I go home I WILL remember to find a spare power cord and take it home. I'll write myself a note right now.

I found out today that the Chelsea Flower show, which I thought I might as well check out since I was here at the right time and which starts today or tomorrow and goes until Saturday, has completely sold out of tickets. Having not even gotten far enough to realise I needed to buy a ticket beforehand, I'm a bit disappointed, but not to worry - it would have been a weekend thing anyway and I can't see Mark being too keen to spend his first Saturday here looking at a bunch of flowers! Sorry dearest :)

Now it's time to get out of this office and go find some food. 1 more sleep till Mark leaves (or sort of half a sleep actually), and 2 more until he's here! Woohoo! And fore-sightedly I have notified the guys at work that I may be late in on Wed because I'm going to pick him up from the airport - with any luck we'll have time for a nice cafe brekkie after we get to the aptmt (now that I'm in an area where we might be able to find a nice cafe brekkie!).

No comments: